Diwali 2023: This year Diwali will be celebrated across the country on 12th November, the festival of Diwali means the festival of lights and happiness. Diwali is one of the major festivals of Hindus, everyone eagerly waits for Diwali, the festival of Diwali is celebrated on the new moon day of Kartik month. Diwali is a very auspicious day, on this day Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha are worshiped with rituals.
By worshiping as per the rules on Diwali, Goddess Lakshmi is pleased and bestows her blessings, which brings happiness and prosperity in the house and there is never any shortage of wealth. Today in this article we are going to tell you what mistakes should not be made on the day of Diwali. So that you get the proper benefits of worship.
What not to do
- On the day of Diwali, one should not keep any old or junk items at home as it is inauspicious, as well as broken mirrors, torn clothes or broken watches and other damaged or broken items which you have not used for a long time. It should definitely be removed from the house on the day of Diwali.
- One should not consume meat, fish, alcohol etc. on the day of Diwali.
- Black, torn and old clothes should not be worn during Diwali Puja.
- After Diwali puja, one should not go out after keeping the house locked.
- There should not be darkness in the house on Diwali night
- One should wake up early on the day of Diwali and should not cut nails, hair etc.
What to do
- Red colored flowers should be offered in puja
- The idol of Lord Ganesha should be in sitting posture.
- Puja should start with Lord Ganesha
- Ganesh-Lakshmi worship has special significance on the day of Diwali, hence it is very important to clean the place of worship and the house. The belief is that Goddess Lakshmi goes to only those houses where there is cleanliness.
- At the place of worship, the idol of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi should face east.
- The person performing the puja should sit with his back towards north.
- Silver coins, lotus flowers etc. must be used in Lakshmi puja, this brings happiness, prosperity and good fortune in the house.