Sachin Pilot is a prominent name in Indian politics. Presently, he is associated with Congress Party. He has also served as Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Corporate Affairs and Minister of State for Communications and IT, Government of India, Deputy Chief Minister of Rajasthan and President of Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee.
|Birth||September 7, 1977|
|Parents||Rajesh Pilot (Father)|
Rama Pilot (Mother)
|Military Service||lieutenant in Indian Territorial Army (TA)|
Sachin Pilot was born on September 7, 1977. His father’s name was Rajesh Pilot and mother’s name was Rama Pilot. His late father Congress leader Rajesh Pilot was a Congress leader and a minister in the Government of India.
He had his early education at the Air Force Bal Bharti School, New Delhi. Then he, St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, and then IMT. Went to Ghaziabad. Thereafter, he went to pursue MBA from USA. He worked for two years in the Delhi Bureau of the British Broadcasting Corporation and then in the American multinational corporation General Motors.
Pilot married Sara Abdullah on January 15, 2004. She is the daughter of Jammu and Kashmir National Conference President and former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Farooq Abdullah.
Apart from this, he is also an officer in the Indian Army. In fact, on 6 September 2012, Sachin Pilot became the first Union Minister of India to be commissioned as an officer in the Territorial Army.
Political Journey : at a glance
- 2004: Elected to the 14th Lok Sabha.
- 2009: Won the Ajmer seat in the Lok Sabha elections and became the Union Minister of State for Communications and IT.
- 2012: Became the Union Minister of State for Corporate Affairs and held the post till 2014.
- 2014: Lost his Lok Sabha seat from Ajmer constituency.
- 2018: Elected to Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Tonk constituency and became the Deputy Chief Minister of the state.
Today, 7th September, on the birthday of Sachin Pilot, Ultranews wishes him a very happy birthday.