Twitter New CEO Twitter owner Elon Musk has made a big announcement today. Musk tweeted that he is going to step down as CEO of Twitter soon and along with that he has also found a new CEO. According to the Wall Street Journal, NBC Universal advertising chief Linda Yacarino may be given the position of CEO of Twitter.
Musk said in his tweet that he is very happy that he has selected the new CEO. According to Musk, the new CEO will take over within 6 weeks. With this, Musk’s role in Twitter will be that of executive chairman and CTO.
Who is Linda Yacarino?
- According to Linda’s LinkedIn profile, she has been working with NBC Universal Company since 2011. Her current role at the company is said to be President of the Global Advertising and Partnerships department. Prior to this, he also served in the cable entertainment and digital advertising sales division of the company.
- Prior to this, Linda Yacarino worked at The Turner Company for 19 years. Here too he worked as the Executive Vice President ie COO Advertising in the Advertising Sales, Marketing and Acquisition department.
- Studied at Penn State University
- Linda is an alumnus of Penn State University, majoring in Liberal Arts and Telecommunications.
- As the Wall Street Journal reports, Yacarino has been an advocate of finding better ways to measure advertising effectiveness.
- Had expressed his desire to become CEO of Twitter with friends
According to a Business Insider report, Yacarino had told her friends in the past that she wanted to become the CEO of Twitter, which Musk could soon fulfill. Linda, who has been a supporter of Musk, said that Musk needs to give her time to improve his company.