In Colombo Indian captain Rohit Sharma said after the tremendous victory over Sri Lanka in the final of the Asia Cup that this performance of the team will be remembered for a long time. When Rohit was answering media questions in the post-match press conference, crackers were bursting outside the stadium to mark India’s victory. Rohit laughingly said that not now, burst crackers after winning the World Cup.
Important points of Rohit’s press conference –
- Rohit said that the conditions are favorable in such matches, but a high level of skill is also required to perform like this in the final. It’s very rare, you don’t see many guys (like Siraj) who can take the ball in the air and off the pitch.
- Rohit praised Shubman Gill and said that he is in great form. If he bats like this, it works for the team.
- Akshar Patel will not be able to play the first two matches against Australia
- Shreyas Iyer is 99 percent match fit, his fitness is not a matter of concern for us.
- We chose Washington as Akshar’s replacement, he is part of the Asian Games camp in Bengaluru and was fully prepared to play the match. I am completely clear about the role of the players.
- Spin all-rounder Ashwin is still part of our plans. I talk to him constantly on the phone.
You must also tell us your opinion about this article in the comment box. Also, if you liked this article then do share it and to read other similar articles stay connected with your own website ultranews.