According to his agency, Paul Pogba will miss France’s World Cup defense because he needs more time to heal from knee surgery. Rafaela Pimenta stated, “It is incredibly difficult to tell Paul Pogba will still require recuperation time from his operation following yesterday and today’s medical reviews in Torino and Pittsburgh. Because of this, Paul won’t be allowed to join Juventus’ squad before the World Cup break or the French National Team in Qatar.
The 29-year-old midfielder playing for Juve before the World Cup is “extremely doubtful,” according to Massimiliano Allegri, the team’s coach, who made that statement on Friday.
Earlier Monday, the Italian media stated that Pogba’s thigh injury might keep him out for almost 15 days. Since rejoining Juventus from Manchester United in the summer, Pogba hasn’t played for the team because he injured his right knee’s meniscus in July.
He originally decided against having surgery to participate in the Qatar competition, which begins on November 20. Pogba altered his mind and decided to have surgery after returning to training at the beginning of last month, which kept him out of action until he started working out with Juve two weeks ago.
Pogba has had a difficult year, and missing the World Cup is another setback. He is also allegedly involved in an extortion plan involving his brother. Mathias Pogba, 32, was charged last month along with four other people, all close to the World Cup winner, who filed a complaint with Turin prosecutors in July which said he was being blackmailed for 13 million euros ($12.6 mn).
By saying that he ordered a marabout (holy man) to cast a spell on Paris Saint-Germain and France sensation Kylian Mbappe, which Pogba denies, his blackmailers tried to damage his reputation, according to what Paul Pogba told investigators.