Many important decisions have been taken in the GST Council Meeting 2023 Highlights meeting chaired by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. These decisions have been announced. After the GST meeting, it has been decided to make many changes in the prices ranging from food and drink to buying a vehicle across the country. After this GST meeting, buying many things has become cheaper for the common people, while some things have become expensive as before. In this article, you are being told what has become costlier and what has become cheaper-
What is Getting Cheaper
- According to the decision taken in the GST Council meeting, now uncooked food items have been made cheaper.
- The GST rate on raw or unfried snack food has been reduced from 18 per cent to 5 per cent.
- According to the decision taken in the GST Council meeting, now if you order food in the movie hall, then it can be bought at a lower price than before. GST on food and drink items available in movie halls has been reduced from 18 per cent to 5 per cent.
Medicine of cancer
- After the GST Council meeting, it has been decided that IGST will not be levied on those cancer medicines which are imported.
- Talking about one dose of cancer medicine Dinutuximab, it costs Rs 63 lakh.
- Imports being cheaper would mean that they can be bought in the country at a lower price than before.
What is Getting Expensive
Multi purpose car
- After the decision of the GST Council meeting, buying a car in the country is going to be costlier than before.
- It has been decided in this meeting that 22 percent compensation cess will be imposed on Multi Purpose Cars (MUV).
- Cess will not be imposed on sedan car. 28 percent GST will be charged separately on these cars.
- After the GST Council meeting, it has been decided that 28 percent GST will be levied on online gaming, casino, horse racing.
- Actually, online gaming has been brought under the ambit of GST. Means gamers will now have to pay more for online gaming.