Our body absorbs nutrients from food and liquids so that it can function properly. Most of the vitamins and minerals that our body does not require are carried by the blood to the kidneys. The kidneys filter out these extra nutrients and expel them through urine. Nevertheless, some nutrients accumulate in the kidneys and can cause harm. If someone already has kidney disease, kidney failure can occur.
Today we are telling you about some such foods, by keeping distance from which you can keep the kidney healthy.
- Can Food – More salt is commonly added as a preservative to extend the shelf life of canned goods, resulting in a high sodium content of most canned foods. People with kidney disease are often advised to avoid canned foods because of their high salt content.
- Potato – If you have kidney problems then you should stay away from potato as it is rich in potassium.
- Brown Rice – Brown rice, like whole wheat bread, is a whole grain that people with kidney disease should avoid because it contains more potassium and phosphorus than white rice.
- Banana – Bananas contain plenty of potassium. Not good for Kidneys.
- Dairy Products – They are a good source of protein and a natural source of phosphate and potassium. When combined with other phosphorus-rich foods, consuming dairy products may be harmful to bone health in people with kidney disease.
- Processed Meat – Processed meat is considered unhealthy due to the preservatives present in it. Apart from this, salt is used a lot in it to enhance the taste.
- Pickle – Often a lot of salt is added during the pickling or cooking process. Because of this pickle should be avoided.
- Tomato – Tomatoes are high in potassium which is not good for the kidneys.
Which Foods to Eat for Good Kidney Function?
The best way to maintain kidney function is to include lots of fruits, vegetables, nutritious grains and small amounts of protein in the diet. Apart from this, regular exercise is also very important. Nevertheless, if a person is suffering from kidney disease, a renal diet can slow down the progression of the disease and prevent it from getting worse.
If you also have any health related problem, then do tell us in the comment box below the article and we will try to solve it through our stories. If you liked this story then do share it. Stay connected to ultranewstv.com to read more such stories.