Maharani Gayatri Devi was the last queen consort of Jaipur, India. She was born in 1919 into the royal family of Jaipur, and married the Maharaja of Jaipur, Sawai Man Singh II, in 1940. She was a popular figure in Jaipur, and was known for her beauty, fashion sense, and charity work. She died in 2009, 29th July at the age of 90.
Maharani Gayatri Devi’s Popularity:
- Maharani Gayatri Devi was a complex and fascinating figure. She was a traditional Indian woman who was also a modern and independent woman.
- She was also a skilled politician, and served as a member of the Indian Parliament from 1962 to 1977.
- Popular Vogue magazine included her name in the list of 10 most beautiful women in the world.
- She was a devoted wife and mother, but she was also a successful politician and businesswoman.
- She was a popular figure in Jaipur, but she was also controversial. She was a woman of many contradictions, but she was also a woman of great strength and character. She owned a number of businesses, including a hotel and a fashion house.
- Gayatri Devi also spent some time in Tihar Jail during the Emergency imposed by Indira Gandhi. After her release from jail, she retired from politics.
Maharani Gayatri was known for her lavish lifestyle and her outspoken views. However, she was also a popular figure and was loved by many people in Jaipur.
If you liked this story, do share it. Stay tuned to https://www.ultranewstv.com/ to read more such stories.