If you have not linked your Voter ID with Aadhaar, then you do not need to worry. The government has extended the last date for linking voter ID card with Aadhaar card from April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024. Users can link their Aadhaar with Voter ID online or through SMS till March 31, 2024.
Users can link their Aadhaar with Voter ID online or through SMS. However, the government has said that it is voluntary and has not been made mandatory.
Why it is important to link Voter ID and Aadhaar
Let us tell you that the reason for starting the linking of Aadhaar and PAN was to maintain the purity of the elections. The Election Commission has said that the linking process does not appear to be mandatory, but it does show whether the same person is registered in more than one constituency. It helps in catching bogus voters.
In December 2021, the Lok Sabha passed the Election Laws (Amendment) Bill, which calls for linking of Aadhaar and voter ID.
How to link aadhaar card with voter id online
- How to link aadhaar card with voter id online
- Visit the official website of National Voters Service Portal (NVSP)- nvsp.in.
- Login to the portal and go to the “Search in Electoral Roll” option on the homepage
- Enter personal details.
- Enter Aadhaar Number.
- After entering the Aadhaar details users will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number or email.
- Enter OTP to authenticate.
- After OTP verification, your Voter ID will be linked with Aadhaar.
- How to do this work offline
- The Election Commission provides a form for deleting duplicate entries in the electoral roll. A new Form 6B has been introduced for registration of voters and collection of their Aadhaar data. Those who prefer the offline route can submit the hard copy of Form 6B to the Booth Level Officers. These officers have been asked to digitize the forms within seven days of their receipt.