The month of Pitru Paksha is considered the most auspicious to please the ancestors. During Pitru Paksha, there is special importance of performing Tarpan, Pind Daan and Shraddha of ancestors with full rituals. It is believed that the ancestral soul finds peace, but if the ancestors become angry, the person may have to face many problems. Now in such a situation, there are some things which should be avoided at this time.
Do this work during Pitru Paksha
- During Pitru Paksha, light a lamp of mustard oil or cow ghee in the evening and while lighting the lamp, keep the lamp facing south.
- During Pitru Paksha, make sure to offer tarpan to your forefathers every day and if possible, make sure to feed food to a Brahmin.
- Chant Pitru Gayatri Mantra during Pitru Paksha. With this a person can get rid of Pitrudosh.
- On the day of Shraddha, provide food to Brahmins or the poor and take their blessings. This can remove all the problems coming in a person’s life.
Do not do these things during Pitru Paksha
- One should avoid doing any auspicious work during Pitru Paksha. This may give inauspicious results.
- Do not buy or bring home any new things during Pitru Paksha. It is considered inauspicious.
- Avoid eating vengeful food during Pitru Paksha and avoid abusing any person.
- Hair, beard and nails should not be cut during Pitru Paksha. Due to this, there is a high possibility of financial loss and the person starts facing many problems.
Know the Pitru Paksha Niyam’s
- According to the scriptures it is said that Shraddha (Shraddha importance) should be performed by the elder or younger son.
- Before performing Shraddha of ancestors, take bath and wear clean clothes.
- During Pitru Paksha, wear a ring made of Kush grass and invoke your ancestors.
- While doing Pind Daan, give a round ball made of barley flour, sesame seeds and rice as a portion.
- It is believed that Shraddha rituals like Pind Daan and Tarpan should be performed only by a well-placed Brahmin scholar. With this the ancestors can be satisfied.
- In the Shraddha ritual, along with the ancestors, a portion of food must be offered for the cows, dogs, crows and animals and birds. This may please the ancestors.
What to do and what not to do in Pitru Paksha. Know about it in detail in this article and if you have any questions related to our story, then tell us in the comment box given below the article. We will keep trying to provide correct information to you. If you liked this story, then please share it. Stay connected to Ultranews to read more such stories.