Deadly Cloudburst causes an uproar in the uttarakashi district of Uttarakhand, Rescue Works ongoing as over 100 are missing, PM Modi pledges support while celebrities share helpline numbers.
In Dharali, near Harsil in Uttarkashi district, Uttarakhand, an incident of cloudburst occurred claiming lives, displacing people and destroying settlements. After the burst, an intense rainfall lashed out over the settlement leading to flooding. The entire village was swept away. Over 100 people are missing, rescue work is going on. The disaster destroyed shops, hotels and infrastructure.
Rescue work carriers Indian Army Units (1500 troops) are deployed at the place of incident. The operation is under the direction of State disaster Response force(SDRF)
And National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
CM Pushkar Singh Dhami has said that all requirements and actions are being taken with all the resources present.
PM Modi expressed his condolences and pledged government support.
Uttarakhand suffered a similar incident in 2013 when a mid-day cloudburst led to Flash-Flood killing 6,000 people. India’s one of the worst natural disasters. The causes were attributed to poor infrastructure planning and Incapable forecasting.
The local Residents have urged people to stay away from river banks and keep yourselves updated with IMD forecasts.
Several Bollywood celebrities such as Sonu sood, Bhumi pednekar and sara ali khan have expressed their Condolscenes and shared Helpline numbers
Sara shared on Instagram, "My heart goes out to everyone impacted by the incident in Uttarakhand. Praying for safety, strength and healing for all (sic)." "Uttarkashi District Emergency Operation Centre has issued the following emergency numbers: 01374222126, 01374222722, 9456556431," read the message.
Sonu Sood Expressed on X "Heartbroken by the devastating floods & cloudburst in Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand. Prayers for every life affected. It's time the nation comes together -- while the govt does its part, we as individuals must stand up for every soul who lost a home, a living, a life,"
"What's happening in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand is heartbreaking," said Bhumi
Uttarkashi – In Dharali, a cloudburst has so far confirmed 4 d3aths. Around 50 or more people are reported missing. Over 25 hotels and homestays have been destroyed and swept away in the debris. Marks of devastation remain everywhere. pic.twitter.com/nEJb4l1vI7
— Deadly Kalesh (@Deadlykalesh) August 5, 2025