Ratan Tata has a big contribution in taking Tata Group to many heights. Today Tata Group has earned a lot of name in the country and abroad. Ratan Tata may have given Tata Group a name in the world but even today he is connected to the ground. Today Ratan Tata is known in the world as a successful businessman, many people do not know that he started his career as an employee.
Today Ratan Tata is celebrating his 86th birthday. Come, let us know about some important things related to Ratan Tata.
- Full Name – Ratan Naval Tata.
- Born on December 28, 1937 in Bombay, now Mumbai into a Parsi Zoroastrian family.
- The founder of the Tata group, Jamsetji Tata, is the great-grandfather of Ratan Tata. His parents got separated in 1948 when he was only ten years old and hence he was raised by his grandmother, Navajbai Tata.
- He received his diploma from Riverdale Country School in New York City in 1955.
- Ratan Tata is unmarried.
- Ratan Tata did not do his first job in Tata Group. He first worked in IBM. While working at IBM, he had made a resume for Tata Group. After this he joined Tata Group.
- Ratan Tata started his career with Tata group in 1961 and his first job was managing operations on the shop floor of Tata Steel. He later went to Harvard Business School to complete his studies. Ratan Tata is also an alumnus of the Cornell University College of Architecture.
- Ratan Tata has been awarded two of the highest civilian awards of India — the Padma Vibhushan (2008) and Padma Bhushan (2000) — for his immeasurable contributions towards nation-building.
- He is also well known for his philanthropy. Under his leadership, Tata group established a $28 million Tata Scholarship Fund at Cornell University to provide financial support to undergraduate students from India.
For Ratan Tata, work means worship. He says that the work will be better only when you respect it. Ratan Tata always remains calm and gentle. He lovingly meets even the smallest employees of the company, understands their needs and helps them in every possible way. Veteran billionaire Ratan Tata says that if you want to be successful in any work, then you may start that work alone, but to take it to great heights, the support of people is necessary. Only together we can go far.
If you have any questions related to our story, then tell us in the comment box given above the article. We will keep trying to provide correct information to you. Also, if you liked this story, then please share it. Stay connected to Ultranews to read more such stories.